Monday, October 5, 2009

Mother of the Year! Yeah right!!!

I just logged on at school! Could this just be a fluke thing? Maybe I will actually get to occasionally blog on my conference. Y'all might get to hear from me more often, unless they tear it away from us again. Just thought I would share how excited this makes me.

I do have something funny to tell about this morning. This all happened after we got to daycare. I have gotten into the habit of undoing his seat before I get out. That way, he can get out of his seat and be waiting on the real seat when I get to that door. (We are usually running late.) Then I grab him and we go. TODAY, I unbuckled him but when I got out, I hit the lock button out of habit. (I do have keyless remote, but I normally drop them into my purse, so I manually lock the doors too.) So, I got around to his side and the doors were locked and my keys were in the ignition. It wasn't running, thank goodness, but they were in there. So, I go back to my side and yell for him to get into mama's seat to "drive". He loves doing this, so he starts climbing up there. In the process, he has found a bowl of cereal and spills it climbing over the seat. He then proceeds to pick up each piece individually. I'm sure he was worried that he would be in trouble for spilling and not picking them up. Finally, he gets to my seat and I tell him to push the buttons. He knows how to push the lock side down, but he doesn't realize the other side does something as well. I'm trying to get him to do it when he just happens to reach up on the door and slides the lock over to unlock it and I yank the door open. SUCCESS!!! Luckily, it was only about a 5 minute ordeal. It could've been a whole lot worse. I'm so glad that I had unbuckled him before I got out. I can't imagine the trauma (to both of us) that that would've caused. Note to self, take keys with you even if you are just running in AND teach him how to push the unlock button too. OR, just be more careful. Hmmm...what a concept.

2 comments:

Monica Curry said...

YAY for blogging access at school! I would be sooo sad if I was working and unable to blog...I might actually have to WORK! what?! This story really made me laugh. I liked the cereal part, I can see it all in my head. I am glad he is a smart little man and helped mommy out! I am sure we'll have days like this too! What a start to Monday!

Heather Bolin said...

What a sweet and funny story! I'd vote you mother of the year for remaining calm and making a "game" out of it all.

I, too, would pick up each piece of cereal...10 second rule, right?

We had so much fun with you all at the game. Let's do it again soon!