Friday, July 1, 2011

Where to begin???

Father's Day




















Mini-Marc











Mother's Day!






Ok, when you go this long without posting, how do you know where to begin? I've been somewhat busy, but that is really no excuse at all. I check my blog all the time to read everyone elses, but just haven't taken the time to actually write anything on mine. Every time I open it and see the pics in my last blog, I am just amazed at how much my kids have grown in the past 10 months. Jace doesn't even resemble the baby in those pics. So, this blog is just a quick update on the Wood clan.


We are now living Clovis. We moved here in April from Roswell. When we moved to Roswell in August, our ultimate goal was always to get back to Lubbock. There was a job opening in Lubbock. Marc wasn't completely qualified for it, but we were hoping that since he has started coursework towards that degree, they would just love him and offer him a job. They decided to go with someone that already had experience, but he received a lot of positive feedback on future posibilities. He is working towards the degree in hopes of someday being able to move up in the company. Anyway, that job didn't work out, but I believe it was for the best. A short time later, a guy from Clovis took a job in Roswell, which opened up a spot here. We jumped at the oportunity to get closer to family (Marc's mom lives here), friends (Marc is from Portales (20 minutes away) and one of my best friends lives there), and Lubbock (only 90 miles away). It wasn't fun moving for the 2nd time in a year and with two rugrats around, but it is SO much better for our family. Roswell wasn't too bad, but it just never felt like home. We bought a house here in Clovis, have found a church that we really love, and we are starting a life here. Things are great!!!


Now for the kiddos. Jarrett will be 4 on August 2nd and is just so big. (Praise the Lord! I'm pretty ready for the 3's to be over. Whoever decided the 2's were terrible must have named them that before reaching the 3's. I can't completely blame him for this. He's had quite a bit of upheaval in this past year. It's got to be tougher on them than on us and it's been pretty tough on me. :-) ) He's going to start preschool in August and is so excited about it. He took swim lessons for the first time this summer. He loved it!!! He's all about doing everything that his daddy does. He and Marc have been to several rodeos since we've moved here, so he now wants to be a cowboy and wears his boots and jeans as often as possible. I've tried to talk him out of them because it's so stinkin' hot, but he always replies, "Daddy is wearing his." How do you argue with that?


Jace will be 1 on August 10th. I can't believe it. This year has flown by. He is in to everything! I forgot how quick they get into stuff. He has been such a sweet baby. Now that he's more mobile, his little personality is starting to shine. He can be pretty stubborn, but if you get on to him, it really hurts his feelings and then it hurts mama's too. He loves his big brother and loves playing with him. He's all boy and I can already tell he's going to be tough and rough. Jarrett better watch out because I have a feeling that Jace is going to be bigger than he is. He started crawling in May and has already moved to pulling up and walking along side everying. He's eating table food and loves it. He's still nursing, but seems to be starting to be less interested in it. He sleeps through the night occasionally, but most nights wakes up to find his passy. I feed him around 6 and then he goes back to be until 7 or 8. I can't complain too much.


Staying home with Jace and Jarrett has been such a blessing. It is a time that I have cherished and will never forget. I didn't get to do this when Jarrett was a baby, but getting to be here for his last year before he starts school has been so great. We definitely have our "days", but I wouldn't even trade those for anything. I thank God for letting me be their Mom.


Next week, Marc and I will celebrate our 5th anniversary. I can't believe it's been 5 years already. In these 5 years, we have been so blessed and I look forward to the next 50 + years to come. I love him more every day. I love him for the amazing father he is to our boys and a great husband he is to me. I don't know what I'd do without him.


Now, that my short catch-up blog has become a novel, I'll end here. Hopefully, it won't be that long before another post. Next, I'll post pics of our new home. :-)




1 comment:

Monica Curry said...

welcome back!!!! i've been wondering how life was for the wood fam! your boys are both just dolls, so precious. jace's little face is so sweet, and jarrett is getting so big and handsome! If you're ever in lubbock i'd love to meet for lunch, or we can pick up lunch and play at my house, because we both know how much fun lunch with 4 boys under 3 would be! haha. thanks for the update!