Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Relaxing Weekend, Right!

Typically, if you get to stay home from work for a 3-day weekend, you would be relaxed and ready to go. Well, the reason we got a three day weekend was because on Friday Jarrett came down with the stomach bug. We were ready to walk out the door (why does it always happen then?) and I had just finished my hair when Jarrett comes in the bathroom. He was whiny and lifted his arms to be picked up. So, I picked him up and he threw up all over me and him. Luckily, we were in the bathroom on the tile floor. I yelled for Marc to come help. Needless to say, we took baths and got back in our jammies. I was hoping it was just a fluke puke, but it wasn't we continued for hours and hours about every 30 minutes. Poor guy, I felt so bad for him. He didn't recover really until Sunday. So, it was really a LONG weekend.

I did finally get my Christmas tree up. Since we were home bound, all weekend, I decided Sunday would be the day. I did it when Jarrett was asleep for a nap and when he got up, he was so surprised. I put all the non-breakable ornaments at the bottom, but he is still not allowed to touch. After a couple thumps,(I know, I'm terrible) he now KINDA stays away from it. We'll see how long it lasts. So far, not ornament casualties. I'll keep you posted. Here is one pic that I took with my phone. I have more on my camera of Jarrett in front of the tree. I will post them later.

1 comment:

kristen lewis said...

Boo for vomit. Yea for the Christmas tree! I can't wait to see pictures of your sweet little man in front of the tree.