Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My Plate is Full!



Ok, you know the saying "God will not give you more than you can handle." I believe this with all my heart and it has gotten me through some really tough times, but right now, I feel like I'm definitely being tested here. This blog is for me to vent a little and for me to be able to look back later when all is back to "normal", whatever that might be, and think "See, that wasn't near as bad as I thought."


As I've mentioned before, Marc's job has moved him to Roswell, NM. Yes, he is now an alien. :) He's been there since February. I can't believe that he's been over there that long. It really has gone by quickly, which I am thankful for. Even though it is going fast, I still have my complete meltdowns about the whole situation. I'm going to be poor pitiful me for a moment, so indulge me. I'm coaching track right now at school. This wouldn't be a big deal if it weren't for the current situation of single parenting. By the time I pick Jarrett up, I am exhausted, and I'm sure I'm not always in the best of moods. Well, he feeds off of that and then he's not in the best of moods. I feel like all I do is discipline him and all he does is talk back. I'm sure part of this is being 2, but alot of it is my attitude as well. I'm hormonal and grouchy, to say the least. This increases our chances of going round and round in the morning before school, around bedtime, or both. There are nights that I'm ready to pull my hair out. Last night was one of those. Poor Marc. He gets the brunt of my frustrations over the phone. I told him last night that I hated this crap and was tired of it. He hates it too, because even with the bad moods, he'd rather be here with us. So, it's really just a waiting game. There' no way for us to rectify the situation until I'm out of school and can move over there, which leads me to stress numero DOS.


Our house is in contract and hopefully closing on May 21st. We haven't wanted to look for houses anywhere yet because of the contract falling through before. This one is looking much more promising, I think. Another reason that we haven't started looking is because we were unsure about where to look. We were holding out hope that something was going to open up back here in Lubbock and we'd get to stay. That hope is not looking so good. If it happens, it's not going to be any time in the near future, so we've decided that we are going to Roswell and we are going to make the best of it. Now, we have to decide if we want to rent or to buy. My feelings on the matter are that if we rent and are always waiting to come back to Lubbock, Roswell will never feel like home. We can make it home and make the best of it, if we try. So, I've been looking at houses that a realtor sent me, but we haven't actually gone to see any yet. Working around crazy schedules of family and work is becoming quite the challenge. Time is flying by, which in the case of getting to be a family again is great, but in the case of being homeless in a month and a half, isn't so great. We would never actually be homeless, but I don't want to move all of our stuff into storage and then to a house later. I want to move into a house so that we can start building our lives in Roswell as soon as I'm out of school. So, we have all of these worries on our plate right now. I know, in the big scheme of things, it's really not that big a deal, but right now it feels huge. I told Marc the other day that sometimes I wish we weren't adults and there was someone to make these decisions for us. No one is offering at the present time. We just don't want to make the wrong choices and have regrets later on. I just need to trust in the Lord that he won't give us more than we can handle and we will be back to "normal" soon.


On a side note, over Spring Break, we tackled the task of potty training. I was kinda dreading it, but really didn't want to wait until summer. We used a 3-day plan that a friend from daycare had given me. It's an all or nothing approach to potty training, which is a little daunting. We threw out all the diapers. All we had were big boy undies. The first three-four days were very trying on this mama. I seriously had moments where I wondered if he was getting it or not. I had some very encouraging friends tell me that it was normal and I really didn't want to turn back after spending that much of our Spring Break on it. So, we stuck it out and I'm happy to announce that I truly believe we are POTTY TRAINED!!!! (He's probably teeteeing all over the floor as I type.) This might be a little TMI, but he now tells us when he needs to teetee AND poop. He did have a teetee accident the other day outside because we didn't get to him fast enough, but I'm sure those will happen. This week has been the first week that I haven't woken him up and he hasn't woken me up, in the middle of the night, to go to the bathroom. His big boy undies have remained dry every morning this week. I couldn't be more proud of him. God gave me a break on this one and I am so thankful. I guess He knew I had a lot going on. :) I'm attaching some pics of the cutest little undies you'll ever see. I took them with my phone, so they are a little fuzzy.

1 comment:

Micah and Colby Malouf said...

I would having meltdowns too if Micah was out of town. That's great that your house is under contract! Very promising! And, I totally understand the renting vs. buying theory. I didn't want to rent when we moved to Plainview. And, I don't want to rent when we move back to Lubbock. I don't like moving so my goal...move from one purchased house to another. Your venting is totally understandable!