Friday, October 17, 2008

My Dad!








Today, my dad turned 60. I can't believe it. He, by no means, seems that old to me. But, I also don't feel 30 either, so I don't know. The older I get, 40, 50, and 60 don't seem that old. Yesterday, my mom told me that this one has been pretty tough on him. My dad isn't one of those people that really gets bothered by things like birthdays, so I have really been thinking a lot about him this morning. I have two brothers, so it is safe to say that I am a Daddy's girl. I have always been and always will be. All of the pics are from my wedding. I need to take more pictures with him more often.
Ever since Marc and I got married, there have been times when I have said, "I think I married my father." The similarities go on and on. I am normally joking, but seriously, that really isn't a bad thing. My dad is the best man that I know. I am lucky to have found one that has some of the same attributes that he does. He LOVES his kids and LOVES his grandkids even more. You wouldn't believe how he turns to mush when it comes to Jarrett. He talks about how Jarrett's laugh makes his day and seeing pics of him makes him smile. I love this. You don't always get to see this side of your parents. He is Jarrett's only grandpa (Papaw) and so their relationship is so important and going to be one that Jarrett cherishes for the rest of his life. I can't wait to watch them bond over the years. I love him more than he will ever know! He is the best dad, grandfather, and now as an adult, friend. He is one of the strongest Christians that I know.
So, I said all of that to say this: Sometimes, I think I take him for granted and I don't want to do that anymore. It is so important to tell the one's that we love, how much we love them. That should NEVER go unsaid and we never know what tomorrow holds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Stretch! I couldn't agree with you more about Dad. The older I get, the more I learn about how intelligent/funny/caring he is. I truly cherish my drive-time talks he and I often experience on my short commute home. You may have married your father, but, in many ways, I'm becoming my father. And I can't be more excited!!! Love you, Blake