Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Am I terrible or what?

Well, I have witnessed many times children who go through separation anxiety when their parents drop them off. Even at Jarrett's sitter's house, there is one little boy that cries every time. I was beginning to wonder about Jarrett. He has cried when we have left him in the nursery at church, but never at Debby's. I know this is a good thing because he loves her and she takes great care of him, BUT, I was kinda (selfishly) wondering if he would ever prefer me over staying there. Well, it sort of happened yesterday morning and so I thought it was just a fluke. Then this morning, I sat him down and he went to play. When I said "Bye" he came running to me with his arms up and didn't want me to put him down. That was enough for me. I don't want him to get super upset or anything. It would make me sad to leave him there crying, but just to know that he would like to stay with me made me feel better. I can't believe that I am admitting that, but it's true. I want him to love being with me more than love being at daycare. Is that too much to ask? Am I a terrible mom to want my baby a little upset when I leave him? Yes, I'm sure I am. But, I can't help it. I guess that is the human selfish side coming out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This doesn't make you a bad mom at all. Most days I think Madison prefers her teachers over me, and a small tear would do great things for my ego! So if you are a bad mom for wanting a little emotion then you are not alone.